On-site IT services are limited to the Logan and southern Brisbane suburbs except for special circumstances with prior negotiation.
Something just not working the way it should be? Perhaps your scanner stopped working, maybe Windows won't boot, or your system crashes while gaming. Let me have a look at it for you, we'll get it going one way or another.
Common repairs include
- Computer won't start after Windows 10 update
- Printer or scanner stops working after Windows 10 update
- Computer slow or freezing
- Blue Screen of Death
- Email stopped working
Virus and Malware Removal
Is your computer sickly? Fake virus warnings, pop-ups, extra ads or toolbars on webpages. Maybe you've become victim to ransomware. I can certainly clean this up for you. While I'm at it, I'll probably tell you how bad your anti-virus is and recommend a more thorough solution tailored to your needs.
You know that you should be doing backups. I bet you aren't performing adequate backups of your most important data. All hard drives and computers fail, and I've had to give the bad news many times; it often brings tears. Maybe you purchased a portable hard drive to do your backups on, but don't know how to do it, or are not quite sure if you are doing it properly.
Your critically important data should be stored in at least three places. The main location where you use it from, a local backup, and an automatic encrypted cloud backup. Let me customise a backup solution for you that takes out as much human error as possible.
Extend the life of your equipment by having it checked and serviced regularly. I like to see a computer at least every six months to be sure that it performs well, isn't choking on dust, and is receiving important security updates.
Some of the tasks I perform on a general service
- Clean dust from filters, fans and heatsinks - overheating causes early death
- Diagnose health of hard drives and SSDs - Often we discover that a drive is reaching the end of its life before it fails completely. Its easier to fix this before it fails, rather than waiting for it to break
- Check Windows updates and errors - Its surprising how often Windows update fails
- Check security software - Make sure your antivirus is up to date, and still functioning properly, as well as check or recommend any further security solutions. This stuff is constantly changing
- Clean temporary and junk files - Windows and other software tend to create a ton of temporary files as they operate, and don't tidy up after themselves.
- Quick malware scan - Just make sure that there is nothing nasty hiding on your system that your antivirus just isn't noticing.
Hey I'm a geek; I love technology, and I can usually solve any tech type problem you have. Even setting up your smart-TV, configuring emails on your phone or tablet, hooking up your printer to WiFi and making it so you can print from your phone, or improving the WiFi in your house. Not sure how to use a software package? Give me a few minutes to get to know it myself, so I can teach you about it.
If you are not sure if I can help you, then just ask.